Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Earth Day


Happy Earth day everyone! I have to say I am a true lover of nature! I love trees, and I love being outside. When I was little, I used to play house near the bases of old trees. The nooks and crannies of the above-ground roots would serve as different rooms of my house. Some branches would be used as my brooms, and other branches would be used to stir whatever mud concoction I had come up with to feed my pretend children. Fun times I tell you!

I also had fun making this Earth day card! I love the blue and green colors together. I started with the "Note to self" square of paper, which came from that great Girl Friday paper. I can't say enough about how great this paper kit is! I decided to find a blue card base that coordinated well with the blue words, "Note to self." Then I added the tree rub-ons and the butterfly embellishment. Isn't it cute?

I hope you all have a great Earth day, and make sure to hug a tree!


Ingredients:
Paper: SU Baja Breeze
DP: Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday
Ink: Palette Black Noir
Stamps: Hero Arts Delightful Upper and Lower case Alphabets
Misc.: SU Bright Delights Rub-ons; Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday Chipboard embellishment


Quote of the day: "Nature often holds up a mirror so we can see more clearly the ongoing processes of growth, renewal, and transformation in our lives." -Mary Ann Brussat

No comments: