Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Heartbreak

Where to start? It seems all in my world is a little off lately. I won't go into details about it all, but the most heart-breaking news came to me yesterday when I found out about the death of a 35 year old man who I have known for 6 years. He was such a nice man - always ready to share a smile with anyone. He has a 9 year old son, and a very loving wife. When I heard the news, it was shocking to me, but when I saw his obituary in the paper this morning - it hit me like a ton of bricks. All of the cliche sayings come to mind: Life is precious; Each day is a gift; Live each day as if it was your last; etc. I keep thinking about what she must be going through. They are a family that has more faith than most families I know, so I'm sure that will be helpful during this difficult, DIFFICULT time. My heart aches for them......... and for myself. This time of year is hard for me already, because my dad passed away on Feb. 16th. The death in the family above is surely renewing the pain of my dad's death. Heartbreaking.

No comments: