Friday, January 23, 2009

A Little Warm Up!



The weather here has been so cold lately. I have been drinking more than my share of coffee and cocoa just to keep warm. Today YOU get to choose what the bear is holding in his hands for you - a steaming cup of coffee, cocoa, tea, or whatever else you would like a steaming cup of to warm you up!

I knew I wanted to use different shades of purple on this card, so I went to my purple paper stack, and pulled out a couple pieces of Creative Memories decorative paper. I stamped the polar bear on white paper, and used my Copic markers to color it in. I pulled out my Marvy oval scallop punch and punched out the bear. Next I punched out a larger scallop oval of the dark purple paper, and used a small hole punch to punch holes around the scallops. I glued the polar bear oval onto the bigger purple scalloped oval. I chose white card stock to use for my card base, and I cut two rectangles out of the Creative Memories decorative paper. I glued the rectangles onto the white card base, wrapped some silver ribbon around the card, and added the scallop framed polar bear over the ribbon to finish it off. I think this is a nice winter card to send to someone to warm them up on the inside. I will probably send this card to my mom. Living in Minnesota, she needs some warming this winter! Have a great weekend, and I will see you all back here on Monday!

Ingredients:
Paper: Papertrey white
DP: Creative memories
Ink: Palette black; Copic markers
Stamps: SU Polar Bears
Misc.: Marvy Scallop Oval punches; SU light silver ribbon

Quote of the day: "Every person you meet knows something you don't; learn from them." -H. Jackson Brown

No comments: