Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The trees are bare



It has been pretty cloudy here in NC lately, and most of the leaves on the trees have fallen. Looking outside reminded me of a stamp set I own called "Lovely as a tree." I pulled that stamp set out to make this card. I stamped the trees on glossy paper using Brilliance Lightning Black ink, which actually looks like dark gold. I matted the trees on some orange paper from the Basic Grey Mellow line. I cut a rectangle of pattern paper from that same Basic Grey line, and adhered that to the brown card base. Then I adhered the matted trees on to the pattern paper. Lastly, I stamped the sentiment at the bottom using white pigment ink. The sentiment I used is truly how I feel. I do count my friends as blessings. Without them, my life would lack some beautiful colors!

Ingredients:
Paper: SU chocolate chip; SU glossy white
DP: Basic Grew Mellow - orange and dotted pattern
Stamps: SU Lovely as a tree; SU Wishes awash
Ink: Brilliance Lightning black; SU white


Quote of the day: "....a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment." -Frances Farmer

No comments: