Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas is on its way!


I have been working on Christmas cards all weekend! I have 52 finished, and I have around 30 or so more to make. I think I will actually get them done and sent before Christmas, which is a Christmas miracle in itself!

I went to a card-making class at my Stampin' Up! demonstrator's house last month! Shout out to Marci Baldwin! We made cards using the color combination shown in my card above. I thought the colors looked really pretty together, so I decided to think of a card design to using those colors. I wanted my card to be simple, so I found one of my favorite "Merry Christmas" stamps, and stamped and heat embossed it on the dark blue paper. I punched out the sentiment using my Marvy scallop oval punch. I used my larger Marvy scallop oval punch to punch out the green paper. I put the blue on the green, and set it aside. I pulled out my pretty green satin ribbon, and wrapped it around the white card. I adhered the ovals onto the card over the ribbon. I punched out two light blue snowflakes, and put them on the card. I decided the snowflakes needed some glitter, so I pulled out my Stickles diamonds and went to town! I really like the way this card turned out, and I really like the color combination! I hope you all have a great Monday! A really really great Monday! No really! :)

Ingredients:
Paper: SU white; SU not quite navy; SU kiwi kiss; SU bashful blue
Ink: Encore ultimate metallic silver
Misc.: Light silver pearls embossing powder; Martha Stewart snowflake punch; Marvy oval scallop punches; SU kiwi kiss satin ribbon; Stickles - diamond


Quote of the day: "Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

No comments: