Friday, December 12, 2008

Cute little snowman


Happy Friday to you all! Sorry I have been missing the past couple of days. Like all of you, these times are packed with busyness for me. Between the kids activities, my holiday preparations, and being merry there is hardly a minute to spare.

I just love this card! I found the sketch on Lizzie Anne Designs website, and put the card together from there. I picked out the pattern paper I wanted to use first. From the colors in the pattern paper, I decided the card base should be SU Vanilla, and the accent color should be SU Not Quite Navy. I cut a rectangle of 4" x 5" Not Quite Navy paper, and adhered it to the card base. Then I cut a 3 3/4" x 4 3/4" rectangle of the pattern paper and adhered it on top of the Not Quite Navy rectangle. I stamped the snowman on the Vanilla paper, and used my Creative Memories custom cutting system to cut out the snowman, and to cut a circle from the Not Quite Navy paper. I also stamped the snowman on the pattern paper, so I could cut out the snowman scarf to paper piece onto the snowman on the Vanilla paper. I stuck the Not Quite Navy circle down. I wrapped ribbon vertically around the card. I colored in the snowman hat and nose, stuck the pattern paper scarf on the snowman, and adhered the snowman circle over the ribbon in the center of the Not Quite Navy circle. Lastly I added some glitter to the snowman hat.

Have a great day, and an even better weekend!

Ingredients:
Paper: SU Vanilla; SU Not Quite Navy
DP: Basic Grey two scoops watermelon ice
Ink: Memories Black; SU not quite navy marker; SU only orange marker
Stamps: SU Just Celebrate
Misc: Creative Memories custom cutting system; SU soft sky double stitched ribbon; Stickles diamonds

Quote of the day: "It isn't what you have in your pocket that makes you thankful, but what you have in your heart...." -Hadley Goad

No comments: