Monday, December 15, 2008

More Christmas cheer



Happy Monday to you all! I spent a couple of hours this morning at my children's school, wrapping presents for the teachers. Well, I was supposed to be wrapping presents, but the wrapping had been completed by a previous group, so I got to sit and chit chat with some very nice ladies! During this busy time of year, I cherish those unexpected little breaks in the action. Unfortunately all that talk of wrapping reminds me I need to get wrapping here at home, so let's get to the details of the card.

I started with a green card base. I cut a rectangle of pattern paper out, and attached it to the top of the card. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment with gold ink and embossing powder. I grabbed my SU little label punch, and punched out the sentiment. Next I punched out a red scallop square, using my Marvy punch. I attached the sentiment to the square, and used a gold glitter pen to put dots on all of the scallops (hard to see in the photo.) I tied some red taffeta ribbon around the card, and used dimensionals to stick down the scallop square. Voila'!

Ingredients:
Paper: SU Kiwi Kiss; SU Ruby Red; SU white
DP: SU Holiday Treasures
Ink: Encore Ultimate Metallic Gold
Stamps: SU Cute and Curly
Misc.: SU curly label punch; Marvy scallop square punch; SU Riding Hood taffeta ribbon

Quote of the day: "Life is short; live it up." - Nikita S. Khrushchev

No comments: