Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sweet memories




I know Christmas day has officially come and gone, but the Christmas spirit is still alive within me. Usually after Christmas, I am ready to get my house back in order, and to get organized for the new year. This year, I really don't want to take our Christmas decorations down, which is especially unusual because we put them up so early (early November if you recall). Anyway, you all are probably tired of looking at Christmas-like cards, but I had to share this last Christmas memory with you.

The card was inspired by the gingerbread houses made by my girls this year. I started with a piece of Glitter Sweet DCWV decorative paper. I knew I wanted to use the gingerbread house stamp, so I used the colors in the paper to determine what color Copics to use in coloring the gingerbread house. After coloring the house, I added SU dazzling diamonds to the gumdrops and the icing on the roof, and I added SU crystal effects to the lollipops. I love how this card turned out!

Ingredients:
Paper: SU pink passion; SU Lovely Lilac; PT white
DP: DCWV Glitter Sweet collection
Ink: Palette Noir black; Copic markers
Stamps: SU Gingerbread house(retired)
Misc: SU dazzling diamonds; SU crystal effects; Doodlebug sugar-coated brads; SU dimensionals

Quote of the day: "Good friends are good for your health." -Irwin Sarason

No comments: