Monday, January 12, 2009

Polar Bear Support

I'm back everybody! Sorry for the long delay. Like most bloggers, the holidays took over my life for awhile, and when the holidays were over, I discovered I had no new cards to post. Although, I'm sure some of you wouldn't have minded reading about my daily goings-on, I think the majority of you want to see the cards! Without further delay..........ta da!




The polar bear image on this card is from a retired Stampin' Up! stamp set that I just love. I know I will use it year after year, and I'm so glad I didn't sell it after it retired! I stamped the image on white card stock, and colored it with my wonderful Copic markers. I used my EK Success scalloped square punch to punch out the image. I cut out a rectangle of cute snowy decorative paper, and used the scallop punch along the side . I glued the rectangle onto the card base, and glued the polar bear image on top of the rectangle. I received a lot of fabulous ribbon from my sister-in-law for Christmas - thanks Kate, and I used some of that ribbon on the bottom of the card. She purchased the ribbon from Archiver's, and this stuff is great because it has adhesive on the back of it. I just had to peel off the protective layer, and stick it down on the card. After I put all of the elements onto the card, I thought the card needed a little something extra, so I stuck some Cloud 9 Design Rain Dots sporadically on the card.

I hope you all have a great Monday!

Ingredients:
Paper: Paper trey white; SU Not Quite Navy
DP: Reminisce Frosted Over
Ink: Palette Black; Copic markers
Stamps: SU Polar Bears (retired)
Misc.: Archiver's snowflake ribbon; Cloud 9 Design Multi Stardust Rain dots; EK Success scallop square punch; SU scallop edge punch


Quote of the day: "When you reach your hand out to another, do so with love. It will not be refused." - Ron Rathbun

No comments: