Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Budding artists

Today I have some very impressive artwork to share with you from some up and coming card artists......



After watching me make cards for years, my girls have caught the card-making bug. Claire made the snowflake card, and Anna made the birthday card. Did you notice the small tape roll in the middle of the snowflake? It is covered with glitter for an extra wow factor. Claire did the whole card by herself. The borders around the card are ribbon. She used a glue stick to glue it down. Claire is only 6, and I think she did a fantastic job. Anna drew and colored in the flower. She chose the color combination on her own. She has a really good knack for picking good color combinations. She also came up with the sentiment on her own. She is quite the poet! She really worked hard to make this nice card for her sister's birthday. I was quite impressed by both of these cards. I can't wait to see what they produce in years to come.

Quote of the day: "Blessed be childhood, which brings down something of heaven into the midst of our rough earthiness." -Henri Frederic Amiel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful creations! I love these cards made by two budding artists. And, of course, I love the budding artists. Thanks for posting their cards. xo Fu