Thursday, November 20, 2008

Snowflakes




I wish it would get cold enough for snow here this year. Being from MN, I am used to seeing snow pretty regularly, and I miss it this time of year - especially Christmas. My girls really enjoy playing in the snow when we have it. We always attempt to make a snowman, and they love to make snow angels and have snowball fights with mom and dad. Oh, and I can't forget sledding down our big hill in the front yard. I'm not sure if the best part for them is playing in the snow or drinking hot chocolate after being outside. For that matter, I'm not sure which is my favorite either!

I started this card with a white card base. I cut a rectangle of paper from SU eggplant envy (dark purple). I used my SU white craft pad to stamp the snowflakes sporadically over the eggplant rectangle, and I poured some SU iridescent ice embossing powder over the snowflakes to emboss them. I punched out a few light blue snowflakes using Martha Stewart's snowflake punch, and attached them to the card. I used SU's ticket corner punch on the corners of the eggplant envy rectangle, and attached it to the white card base. To finish the card, I stuck Hero Arts gemstones in the middle of the snowflakes. Happy Thursday!

Ingredients:
Paper: SU white; SU eggplant envy; SU bashful blue
Ink: SU white craft ink
Stamps: SU The snowflake spot
Misc.: SU iridescent ice embossing powder; Martha Stewart snowflake punch; Hero Arts gemstones

Quote of the day: "Let nothing dim the light that shines from within." - Maya Angelou

No comments: