Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Quilt card


I think I have said it before, but I love the Quilter's Sampler set by Paper Trey stamps. I really need to use it more often. I feel like the results are always so beautiful! These stamps are acrylic, so I started by putting the eight quilt block stamps onto my acrylic block. I inked them up and stamped them on a piece of vanilla card stock. Then I grabbed my Copic markers to color in the quilt blocks. I knew I wanted to use my Cosmo Cricket DP, so I grabbed markers that I thought would look good with that paper. After I colored in the quilt blocks, I used my 3/4" square punch to punch out the quilt squares. I mounted them onto a rectangle of kraft card stock. I inked the edges of the kraft card stock to give it a more distressed feel. I cut a couple of strips from Cosmo Cricket DP. I adhered the strips to the Old olive card base. I used dimensionals to adhere the kraft card stock to the card base. I stamped the sentiment, and stuck a button on the card for the final touch.

Today I am home with a sick child. I took both of my daughters to the Dr. yesterday to get the flu vaccine. They did not want the shot, (both of them hate shots - and really who doesn't) so they received the flu mist. I think Claire is having some side effects from the mist. She was coughing, and feeling really yucky early this morning, but she seems to be doing a little better now. I hope all of you are enjoying your Wednesday and have healthy children at school or home depending on their age!

Ingredients:
Paper: SU Old olive; SU vanilla; SU kraft
DP: Cosmo Cricket
Ink: SU chocolate chip
Stamps: Paper Trey Quilter's Sampler; Copic markers
Misc.: 3/4"square punch; button

Quote for the day: "To think is easy. To act is hard. But the hardest thing in the world is to act in accordance with your thinking." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

No comments: