Sunday, November 16, 2008

Lovely as a tree



Good Sunday afternoon to you all! Sorry I haven't been as diligent with my posting last week. I ran out of designs to show you, and sometimes it is hard to get the mojo going. I wish the creative juices could be stimulated on demand, but it doesn't work that way (at least not with me - how about you all - how do you get the mojo going?)

I wanted to use a tool on this card that I have not used for a very long time - the brayer. I stamped the tree image using Brilliance Lightning Black pigment ink on glossy paper. I sprinkled some detail gold embossing powder over the stamped trees and heat embossed them to make them pop. I inked my brayer up with Kaleidacolor Autumn leaves ink, and rolled it over the glossy paper to get the beautiful spectrum of fall colors shown. I'm not even sure if you can still buy these Kaleidacolor inks. They were kind of the rage in the late 90's early 00's when I first started this hobby. I bought three different pads - autumn leaves, calypso, and baby powder. I have to admit I hardly use them, but I always enjoy the outcome when I do use the inks. I finished the card by tying some ribbon and some gold cord around the card, and stamping and embossing the sentiment on the bottom right hand corner.

Ingredients:
Paper: SU glossy white; SU chocolate chip
Ink: Brilliance Ligtning Black; Encore Gold
Stamps: SU Lovely as a tree
Misc.: SU kraft taffeta ribbon; SU gold cord

Quote for the day: "Our own heart, and not other men's opinion, forms our true honor." -Samuel Taylor Coleridge

No comments: