Monday, November 17, 2008

Angels among us

How was every one's weekend? Mine was quite nice. Our family decorated the house for Christmas. I know you all are thinking, "what about Thanksgiving?" I haven't forgotten about Thanksgiving - there are still a few of those decorations up too. :) I knew we would not have time to do the decorating over the next couple of weekends, and I didn't want to wait until Dec. 6th to get my Christmas enthusiasm started. That, and we purchased a new tree after Christmas last year, and I was really excited to see what it would look like in our house. What did you all do this weekend?




I love this angel image from Stampin Up! I only wish it was a little easier to color, because I always have a hard time deciding what colors to use where, and what paper will look the best. I stamped the angel image on ivory card stock with close to cocoa ink. I knew I wanted to use the ruby red ribbon, so I let that decide how to go about coloring the angel. I used some Copic markers, some Twinkling h2o's, and some Spica glitter pens to color in my angel. It's hard to see the glitter from the photo, but it is there in a very subtle manner. I cut a rectangle of blue DP, and a strip of brown DP. I used the scallop punch on the brown DP for the border. I adhered the scallop border to the edge of the blue DP, and attached that to the ruby red card base. I tied the ribbon around the card, and attached the angel image over the ribbon. Voila'!

Ingredients:
Paper: SU vanilla; SU Ruby red
DP: SU urban garden (blue); SU bella rose (brown)
Stamps: SU Yuletide Montage (retired)
Ink: SU Close to cocoa; Copic markers; Twinkling h2o's; Spica glitter pens
Misc.: SU ruby red taffeta ribbon; SU scallop border punch


Quote of the day: "Ask and it will given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." -Matt. 7:7

No comments: