Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sit back and relax




It was a beautiful fall day today! The sun was shining, and the air was cool, dry, and crisp. The leaves were falling to the ground in the breeze - just beautiful! It sure would have been nice to sit back in an Adirondack chair with a nice book, and just enjoy the day. Maybe I can do that in my retirement years, or on my next vacation :).

The stamped image is from Karen Lockhart. Her stamps are so great to color in and bring to life. Of course I had to use my Copic markers to color in the image. Coloring is so therapeutic for me. I really don't think about anything else except what I am doing - a pure example of living in the present moment. I punched the image out using my Marvy scallop square punch. I matted the image on a yellow piece of cardstock, and matted that on some DP from Stampin Up! I used the same yellow cardstock to punch out a couple of flowers. I put a stick on gem in the middle of the flowers to give them a little more umph. I adhered all of the different pieces to an ivory card base, and stamped the sentiment towards the bottom. Hope you all enjoy!

Ingredients:
Paper: SU Ivory; PT white; Bazzil yellow
DP: SU Maine blueberry
Ink: Adirondack pitch black; Copic markers
Stamps: Karen Lockhart designs
Misc.: Marvy punches; flower punch; Hero arts gemstones

Quote of the day: "My very best friends are those who know without ever being told." -Authine Steinbeck

1 comment:

Debbie Olson said...

Beautifully colored, Sally!