Saturday, September 20, 2008

Quilt card

Today was a very relaxing day! The weather is cooling off, which makes me want to crawl under a quilt and read a good book. Instead I decided to make a card with quilt squares on it. I was inspired by the quilt cards made by Michelle posted on her blog Mish Mash. I even used the same DP she used. I thought it was the perfect accompaniment to the quilt stamps. I love the cards Michelle made with this paper and stamp set - they are really beautiful! I enjoy having so much inspiration at my fingertips. This stamp set is made by Paper Trey called Quilters Sampler, and I love it! My mom is a quilter, so I will be able to use this set to make a lot of lovely cards for her.







I used Copic markers to color the quilt squares. I absolutely love Copic Markers! I was a little apprehensive about purchasing them, because they are a big investment, and I already have a lot of markers. These markers are sooo much better than any I have used before!! I am still learning the many techniques I can do to trick out my artwork. I am loving the learning process, and there is a great website that I go to to get tips on how to use the markers to their fullest potential. It is called I like markers. I have purchased all of my Copics from Ellen Hutson at her online store. She has a big variety of sets to choose from. It takes the guess work out of what colors to buy first. If any of you have any questions about Copic Markers, I would be happy to answer them to the best of my novice ability.





Ingredients:

Paper: SU kraft, SU Sage Shadow, Paper Trey white

DP: Cosmo Cricket

Ink: Adirondack pitch black, Copic markers

Stamps: Quilters Sampler by Paper Trey

Misc.: SU ribbon, buttons (from my husband's grandmother's old collection)

Quote of the day: "Happiness is perfume, you can't pour it on somebody else without getting a few drops on yourself." - James Van Der Zee


No comments: