Friday, September 19, 2008

Just a Note

Happy Friday to ya! I am so glad the weekend is upon us. This is the first year that both of my girls are in school all day. I thought I would have more time to relax and get things done around the house. Well, it turns out that with both girls in school I am busier than ever - running them here and there, helping with homework, volunteering at school, attending parent education stuff at the school, etc! I'm sure all you moms know how it goes.
Onto the card. I want to start by saying, I think stamp companies should make a wider variety of "Just a Note" stamps. They are so versatile. If you want to send a card to someone for no real reason, "Just a note" is the perfect sentiment. I really like this card because it is so simple. I started with a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of kraft cardstock. I used the Stampin Up! flower punch to punch out the flowers. Then I found some pretty pink DP to layer behind where I punched the flowers out. I then punched out tiny circles for the flower centers, and stuck a little pearl embellishment on top of the circle. I used a white gel pen to do some faux stitching, and adhered the kraft cardstock onto a pink card. Oh yeah, and I stamped "Just a Note" in the corner. With this card you could also punch leaves in the kraft cardstock and add some fall looking DP behind it - the possibilities are endless! Ingredients:
Paper: SU Pretty in pink, SU kraft
DP: SU ?
Stamps: Memory Box
Misc.: Uniball Signo white gel pen, Hero arts pearls
Quote of the day: "Do what you can with what you have right where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

No comments: