Monday, September 22, 2008

Krafty cupcakes




I am on a kraft paper kick! This paper is so versatile - almost as versatile as white. I started out by stamping a background stamp onto the kraft paper. I used SU's On the Spot background stamp. Then I punched out different cupcakes from some Heidi Grace DP I had on hand. I adore Heidi Grace paper. I would buy every design if I could. It is just so darn cute! I've purchased her paper from my LSS in Mooresville - The Scrap Shack, and I have purchased it online from Two Peas, which is a great online shopping source.
It's hard to tell in the photo, but I also glued around the edges of the punched out cupcakes and dipped them in dazzling diamonds glitter. I think that definitely added a little something. I wrapped a polka dot ribbon around the the card front and tied on a tag stamped with "I like U." I glued the card front onto a vanilla card, and I was done! I think it turned out really great! I did a couple different variations with the same sketch. You can see them below, but I think this one turned out the best. I don't know if it is the added ribbon and tag, or just the cuteness of the cupcake paper. What do you all think?



I hope you all have a great Monday!
Ingredients:
Paper: SU kraft, SU vanilla, SU white
DP: Heidi Grace, polka dot paper - unsure
Ink: SU Close to Cocoa, SU black
Stamps: SU On the Spot, SU Very Punny
Misc.: Ribbon, glitter

Quote of the day: "If we did all the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves." -Thomas Edison

No comments: