Friday, August 14, 2009

Snail mail




Don't you just love the cute little snail on this card? Ever since I can remember, I have had a thing for snails. I know I should not like them because they eat plants and such, but I just think they are so cute. I love the little trail they leave when crawling along the sidewalk. This snail is a Karen Lockhart image. I love her stamps! They are so detailed and so fun to color! You can check them out at the Karen Lockhart Stamp Company.

Snail mail is becoming a lost art, and it makes me a little bit sad. How many of you delight when you go to the mailbox to see something other than a bill or catalog - maybe something like a card or letter in the mail for no reason other than to say hello or how are you doing? I know I get a smile on my face when I find a card or letter in my mailbox, soooooo I was smiling today on my trip back to the house from the mailbox because I received a very pretty postcard from a dear, dear friend. She had heard me complaining lately about not receiving anything good in the mail. Actually she did more than hear me, she listened to what I said, and acted from her heart! Thank you friend!

I challenge all of you dear readers to send a piece of mail to someone you care about for no reason other than to say "hello," or" I was thinking about you," or "have a good day" - you get the idea. You know it won't take very much time out of your day, and it will bring a day's worth of delight to the person you send your thought to. Your random act of kindness may start a chain reaction. How nice would that be?! That is a thought to ponder.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Quote of the day: "The reward of a thing well done is to have done it." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: