Tuesday, May 26, 2009

There is no one like you


Good morning! I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! I spent most of mine visiting a dear, dear friend of mine in New York City. We shopped til we dropped - that is for sure, although there were still many stores we didn't get to. We'll get to them another time - right Heather?

I made the card you are looking at today for my mom on Mother's day! I had a lot of fun making this card, and I really like the way it turned out. I colored the rubber of the stamp to get the two different colors on the stamped image. Next, I searched for some bright, colorful paper. I think orange and pink always look good together, and I had some beautiful ribbon that would pull the look together.

I hope you have a great day - rain or shine!

Ingredients:
Paper: SU white
DP: SU Bali Breeze
Ink: SU Close to Cocoa; SU Rose Romance; SU Old Olive
Stamps: SU Thoughts and Prayers; Hero Arts sentiment
Misc.: Martha Stewart butterfly punch; Hero Arts gemstones; Archiver's ribbon; SU ticket corner punch; SU scallop edge punch

Quote of the day: "Few delights can equal the mere presence of one whom we trust utterly." -George MacDonald

No comments: