Monday, May 18, 2009

Bucket of Flowers



Hi all! So sorry I have been away for so long. My mom was here for a week visiting, and the week before she arrived was spent preparing for her arrival. We had a great time, so great in fact I did not have time to touch base with you all!

A lot has happened in the past couple of weeks. Our family went to Atlanta (with my mom, my husband's parents, and my husband's brother and wife); my daughter sang in her school's spring concert; and my daughter performed in her dance recital. You all will get to see random photos from some of these events later on. What has been going on with you? I would love to hear from you!

I have been in a springtime mood with my card making! I just love this bucket of flowers. You will see it again in a similar card later on. For this card, I started with a white card base. I also stamped the flowers on white card stock. I have definitely been in the mood to color, so a lot of my cards lately contain coloring. Some day I want to take the Copic marker certification class so I can really learn to use my markers to their fullest potential, but I digress. After coloring in my flowers, I chose some very springy paper from my collection of Stampin Up (SU) paper. I adhered the decorative paper to the card base, wrapped some pretty yellow ribbon around the card, and put my flowers over the ribbon. I added a few gemstones to the middle of the daisies in the bucket for a little added glitz!

I'm glad to be back, and I hope you all have a marvelous Monday.......darlings!

Ingredients:
Paper: SU white; PT white
DP: SU Rainbow Sherbet
Ink: Palette Noir Black; Copic Markers
Stamps: SU Sweet of You
Misc.: SU Barely Banana grosgrain ribbon; Hero arts gemstones

Quote of the day: "Peace within makes beauty without." -English Proverb

No comments: