Thursday, March 26, 2009

More Owls


I can't believe it is Thursday already. This week has zoomed by - I knew it would between going to the gym, running to the mall more than once, volunteering at the school, and doing my usual household chores (loads and loads of laundry.) Oh well, that means the weekend is just around the corner, and I love weekends!

I have been having fun with owls and Cosmo Cricket's Happy Camper paper lately! For this card I started with an ivory card base. I stamped the owl, and colored him in with Copic markers. I used the curly label punch to punch the owl out. I punched out a scallop square of brown paper and a bigger scallop square of the ivory paper. I cut out a large rectangle of the pattern paper, and adhered it to the top of the card. I cut out a smaller rectangle of the same paper (other side), and adhered it to the left hand side of the card. I used dimensionals to glue down the ivory scalloped square, and tied a ribbon around the front of the card. I used some more dimensionals to put down the brown scallop square over the ivory, and topped the card off with the colored owl. I decided to wait to add a sentiment until I am ready to send this card out.

Ingredients:
Paper: SU Naturals Ivory; SU Chocolate chip
DP: Cosmo Cricket Happy Camper
Ink: Palette black noir; Copic markers
Stamps: SU Just Celebrate
Misc.: SU curly label punch; Marvy scallop square punch; EK Success scallop square punch; ribbon

Quote of the day: "It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts." -J.M. Laurence

No comments: