Monday, February 23, 2009

Flower power



Good Monday morning to you! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Our family sure did! I went to an amazing concert at church on Saturday night! On Sunday, our family spent the day together running some errands and going to the movie "Coraline." The movie was a little freakier than your normal kids' movie, but Anna (my 8 year old) really enjoyed it! The weekend was topped off with a wonderful dinner date with my dear husband.

Speaking of my dear husband, I know I promised to show you the Valentine made for me by him, and I am still planning on doing that, so keep your eye out. The card I am showing you today makes me smile. I stamped the flower onto white card stock and colored it in with Copic markers. I needed some coloring therapy. After coloring, I searched for paper to match the colors I used on the flower. I pulled out a pale yellow to use as my card base, a pretty patterned green to add onto the card, and a rusty red pattern paper to matte the flower with. I really like the end result of this card!

Ingredients:
Paper: Papertrey white; SU Barely Banana
DP: SU Green Tea; SU Holiday Treasures
Stamp: Magenta flower
Ink: Adirondack black
Misc.: SU scallop edge punch; ribbon from Archiver's; Hero Arts Gemstones

Quote of the day: "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." -Marcel Proust

No comments: