Monday, December 1, 2008

If raindrops were snowflakes ...........


If raindrops were snowflakes, we would have a whole lot of snow in North Carolina! I'm not giving up hope that it will indeed snow at some point in our area this winter!

Can you believe it is Dec. 1st? I don't know about you all, but I have a lot to get done in a short amount of time. Let's see..... there is baking, shopping, card-making, wrapping, and spending joy-filled moments with family and friends. I love the holidays!

The idea for this card came from the light blue strip of snowflake negatives left after I had punched snowflakes out for some other cards. I thought to myself, "I can make a cool card using that strip," and this is what came about. I started with a white card base. Then I cut a rectangle of navy paper. I attached the strip of snowflake negatives to the bottom of the navy rectangle. I tied some ribbon and silver cord around the navy rectangle, right above the snowflake strip. I stamped the image/sentiment onto white and light blue paper. I punched the image out of the white paper using the SU circle scallop punch. I punched part of the image/sentiment out of the light blue paper using a circle punch. I glued the circle onto the scallop, and attached the scallop to the top center of the card. I finished the card by adding some Hero Arts stick-on pearls to the centers of the snowflakes.

I hope you all enjoy your Monday!

Ingredients:
Paper: SU night of navy; SU whisper white; SU bashful blue
Ink: SU night of navy
Stamps: SU so many scallops
Misc.: SU soft sky double stitched ribbon; SU silver cord; SU scallop punch; SU circle punch; Hero Arts stick-on pearls; Martha Stewart snowflake punch


Quote of the day: "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for." -Allan K. Chalmers

No comments: