Monday, November 24, 2008

It is fall afterall




Good Monday morning to ya! Do you remember last week when I talked to you about the brayer technique? I used the same technique for this card, along with crayon resist technique. Glossy paper allows for a lot of fun techniques. After stamping and embossing the tree image, I colored around the trees with a white crayon. I inked my brayer up with Kaleidacolor ink and rolled it over the trees. When the ink dried, I rubbed the excess ink off of the crayoned areas, which then left an outline around the trees. Although I think I need a little more practice with the crayon resist technique, I really like how this card turned out! I hope you all have a great day!

Ingredients:
Paper: SU Glossy paper
DP: Basic Grey Mellow (green, rust, and polka dot)
Ink: Brilliance Lightning black pigment ink;Kaleidacolor Autumn leaves
Stamps: SU Lovely as a tree
Misc.: Gold embossing powder; white crayon; basic grey letter stickers; SU sc
allop border punch; basic hole punch

Quote of the day: "It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded." -Anne Morrow Lindbergh

No comments: