Sunday, October 12, 2008

Turtle thoughts

Happy Sunday ! The family is watching the Panther's game, dinner is in the crock pot - a new recipe sent to me by my cousin, and I am enjoying a small dose of peace and quiet. Aaaaahhhh! How has your weekend been? I found out yesterday that I won some blog candy on Dawn McVey's blog. Woohoo! I rarely win anything, so when I do I get quite excited!

On to the card info. The base of this card is made with kraft paper. I colored the turtle image in with my beloved Copic markers, and punched him out with a Marvy scallop punch. I really enjoy the scallop punches, but I also really want the Spellbinder's nestabilities. Up until this week, I wasn't sure which die cutting machine to get for the Nesties. I finally decided that I want the Big Shot. Now I need to start saving my pennies. Back to the card, the white dots stuck in the four corners of the green paper are pearls - aren't they cute?

Ingredients:
Paper: SU kraft; PT white
DP: CM green; SU Spring flowers
Ink: Palette Noir black; Copic markers
Stamps: Inky antics turtle; MFT essential sentiments
Misc.: Hero arts pearls; Marvy scallop square punch

Quote of the day: "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."
- Emile Zola

No comments: