Thursday, October 16, 2008

Smoking computer

Okay, so my computer has been acting horribly for weeks now. I don't know how many times I have witnessed the "blue screen of death." It really does exist for all of you who have never seen it. When I turned my computer on tonight to post something for you all to read, it froze up. I walked downstairs, grumbling and spouting curses. My husband, being the knight in shining armor that he is, went upstairs to see what he could do to fix the problem. He is much more patient and knowledgeable where technology is concerned. You know the type - the ones who insist on reading the directions before doing something. I'm definitely one of those doers, and read the directions later kind of gals, but I digress. After being in the office for a brief period of time, my husband calls downstairs, "I think your computer is dead." I thought he was joking. He had to be joking - I have A LOT of stuff on that computer. He told me when he went into the office, the hard drive was making this horrible noise and smoke was coming out of it. He didn't know what to do, and then he brilliantly remembered to turn off the surge protector which turns everything (computer, printer, etc.) off. Obviously, we are not going to attempt to turn it back on - we don't want an explosion taking place in our house. Not only would that make a horrible mess, but I can just imagine the letter we would be receiving from our Homeowners Association - tee hee! I don't know why I am joking right now. I'm sure you all are wondering how I am posting anything right now if all of that disastrousness happened to my computer. Fortunately, we have another computer in our house where our kids can play computer games. Unfortunately, none of the photos of the cards I have been making for the past month are on the children's computer. Don't despair! I will have more beautiful works of art for you all to view just as soon as I can get some made and photographed. Until then, bear with me. I will try to post something daily - even if just my words.

Quote of the day: "Do what you can with what you have right where you are." -Theodore Roosevelt - pretty on point I think!

No comments: