Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Pumpkin Day


I've finally made some time to create! I decided to make a couple more Halloween cards, (one to post today, and one tomorrow) as well as some fall-type cards. It won't be long and I will be making Christmas cards, but I digress.....

The pumpkins on this card were inked up using two different colors from the Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink pad - Autumn Pastels. I love using these inks! They are so easy to blend, and they come out looking chalk-like and rustic. Note to self - buy more Colorbox Chalk Ink pads in many different colors! One can never have too many inks to choose from. After stamping the pumpkins, I wanted to age the paper a little, so I pulled some more colors from my Autumn pastels, and dabbed them directly onto the paper. Another great thing about these inks pads is that, at least on the box I have, each of the ink color pads pop out of the base and is sponge-like to make it easy for inking a stamp or aging paper! Like I said, I love these inks! They look great on glossy paper too! Give them a try - I bet you will love them too!

Ingredients:
Paper: SU white
DP: Basic Grey Mellow Juicy
Ink: ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink pad - Autumn Pastels
Stamps: SU Carved and Candlelit; American Art Stamp (sentiment)
Misc.: SU Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon (love this stuff too)

Quote of the day: "Look for what is good and you will find it." -Unknown

1 comment:

Bo said...

http://rhjohnson.blogspot.com/

Ooh, I like these cards! Did I send you my blog?