Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bippity....boppity.....boo



I couldn't really tell which picture of the card was more clear, so I decided to include both just to be safe! I love this stamp from Karen Lockhart. I'm looking forward to using this stamp on Valentine cards too. I just need to find a sentiment that says, "I put a spell on you" or "You put a spell on me." What do you think? I bought the stamp, along with the sentiment stamp and Copic markers from Ellen Hutson's store. Every time I make a purchase from her store, she includes an extra goody! I love it! She also has a stamp of the month program, which is really fun!

The card base is Lasting Impressions pumpkin dots. I stamped the image on PT white card stock. I colored in the image with the Copic markers shown above. It is hard to see in the picture, but I also squeezed some SU crystal effects over the crystal ball and bottles. That stuff is great for giving dimension and gloss! I matted the scallop oval on a purple scallop circle. I decided I didn't want to matte the oval with another oval - just for something different. I cut strips of SU old Halloween DP and glued them on to the card base. I stamped the sentiment in the bottom right corner. I wish I would have embossed the sentiment with this really cool black glittery embossing powder. Oh well, you know what they say about hindsight. Lastly, I attached the matted image with foam dimensionals, and ta da!

Ingredients:
Paper: Lasting Impressions pumpkin dots; Bazzil shimmery purple; PT white
DP: SU Halloween (from last year)
Ink: Adirondack Pitch black; Copic markers
Stamps: Karen Lockhart
Misc.: Marvy scallop oval and circle punches; SU dimensionals; SU Crystal Effects

Quote of the day: "A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad." -Arnold H. Glasgow

No comments: