Thursday, September 25, 2008

Candy corn

I love candy corn, and so does my husband. I think it is one of his favorite Halloween treats. We always buy a big bag to snack on around this time of year. My Stampin Up! consultant, Marci, introduced me to a delicious Halloween snack mix using candy corn. I make it every Halloween, and it disappears quite quickly at our house. I'll tell you how to make it at the end of the post.

Onto the card - I bought this cute Halloween paper last year. I didn't get a chance to use it last year, and it was actually hard for me to use it this year - it is so cute. It is another DP from Heidi Grace! It is hard to see on the card itself, but the paper is actually embossed and glittery. Check it out below. I stamped the Halloween sentiment with white craft ink, and finished the card off with a jack-o-lantern brad from Bo-Bunny.

Cute, cute, cute!

I made another card with candy corn being the main focus. For this card, I used a retired SU set called Bitty Boos. I colored the candy corn stamp with orange and yellow markers, and stamped it down. I used the SU Halloween rub-ons for the treat sentiment. I finished the card with some ribbon from SU! Do these cards make you want to eat candy corn?

Candy corn snack mix:

Mix equal parts candy corn, dry roasted peanuts (salted), and plain M&M's. When you pop a handful of this stuff in your mouth, it tastes like a snickers bar. It is yum yum in the tum tum! Have a great day!

Quote of the day: "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive." - Anais Nin

No comments: