Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Anna's birthday



My daughter, Anna, is turning 8 tomorrow. I can't believe it! Time really does fly the older I get! Anna is a very crafty girl, and she loves doing artsy stuff. She always likes to look at the cards I make, and I think she looks forward to the cards I make for her every year. I had a lot of fun making this card. Anna's favorite colors right now are turquoise blue and green, so I wanted to incorporate those colors in her birthday card. I started by cutting the little green card using my Cricut diecutter. This machine really has amazing functionality. I need to take the time to learn all I can do with it, because there is A LOT I can do with it. Next, I used my Cricut diecutter to cut the little turquoise blue envelope for the little green card. I stamped the cupcake on three different pieces of paper (polka dot, pink, and white)and paper pieced it together. I colored the flower using my copic markers and a Sakura glitter pen. I think it turned out so cute! I love the little 8 diecut into the card, and the super cute cupcake on the card. I tied a pink ribbon around the envelope. I used dimensionals to stick the envelope to the main card. Lastly, I stamped Happy Birthday in the corner. I think the card came out really cute, and I hope Anna loves it!

Ingredients:
Paper: PT white; SU Pretty in pink
DP: Lasting Impressions kiwi dots; Basic grey sultry; SU last year's valentine paper
Ink: Memories black; Copic markers; Sakura glitter pen
Stamps: Hero arts acrylic cupcake collection; SU pretty princess
Misc.: Ribbon, Cricut diecut machine; foam dimensionals

Quote of the day: "Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." -William James

No comments: