Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkins on my mind


It is all about pumpkins in my first grader's class this week. They went on a field trip to the pumpkin patch at Carrigan Farms yesterday, and tomorrow she and her dad are going to carve a pumpkin at school. My first grader wants to keep some of the seeds from the pumpkin carving to plant in our backyard, so she can grow her own pumpkins. She is so "green!" Unfortunately, I think the chances of growing pumpkins in our backyard is one in 324 million since our backyard is hard as a rock. You think I am exaggerating - I am not exaggerating! I digress. Let's get back to the subject of pumpkins being on my mind........all of the pumpkin talk from my first grader led me to: 1. eat a piece of pumpkin cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory (YUM), and 2. create a card with a nice wagon full of pumpkins! I hope your next few days are just as pumpkiny as mine!

Quote of the week: "Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow-ripening fruit." (Just like pumpkins.) - Aristotle

No comments: