Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cards for my girls



Do you know that little voice in the back of your head? The one that tells you things? To me, "the voice" is the Holy Spirit within me. Sometimes when I hear "the voice" I act on it right away. Other times I think I will do that later, and when later comes I have completely forgotten what "the voice" had said. No, I am not crazy. I know we all have "the voice" - it is just sometimes hard to hear in the business of life.

A couple weeks ago, "the voice" suggested I should make cards for my daughters. My eldest daughter and I had shared a wonderful conversation the evening before "the voice," and I wanted to let her know how much I enjoyed our talk, and that I looked forward to having more talks like that with her in the future. My youngest daughter was having a rough week following directions and generally doing the right thing, and I wanted to send her an encouraging card to let her know that although she was having a tough week, I believed that she had the strength and power to turn it around and have a great rest of the week! I was going out the night I left the cards for them, so I put them on their pillows, so they would get the cards before going to bed. When I arrived home later that night, I found two thank you notes from my daughters. I think they really appreciated those cards. Needless to say, I am glad I took the time to listen to "the voice" that day! I hope you all have quiet time to hear "the voice," and you take the time to act on what "the voice" tells you!

If any of you have any questions on the ingredients in these cards, leave me a comment, and I will get back to you. Have a blessed Thursday!

Quote of the day: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control." Galations5:22-23

No comments: