Monday, February 2, 2009

Let it Snow

Note: I don't know why, but Blogger is not uploading the photo of my card. I didn't want to miss another day of posting, so you all can read the post, and hopefully later today you will be able to see the picture of the card. Thank you for your patience.


Although I am enjoying the warmer weather we have had in NC the past couple of days, I would love for the sky to pour down a bucket of snow. I want my kids to be able to go sledding down our front yard, and to build a snowman, and make snow angels. I am from Minnesota, and was able to partake of snow activities every year. I miss seeing the falling snow. I don't miss the months of freezing weather, but I do miss the snow, so I am hoping for just one glorious snow before Spring really arrives.

I chose to use some sheets of paper from Basic Grey's Figgy Pudding line (from last year). I cut out a rectangle from two different sheets of the Figgy Pudding paper. Then I cut out a rectangle of plain white paper. I mounted the paper onto a red card base. I cut some red gingham ribbon and attached it to the card to sort of frame the sentiment, "Let it Snow." Lastly, I added a couple of snowflakes from Jolee's Boutique.

Ingredients:
Paper: SU real read; SU white
DP: Basic Grey Figgy Pudding Shiver
Ink: SU Bashful blue
Stamps; Hero Arts
Misc.: SU red gingham ribbon; Jolee's Boutique snowflake stickers

Quote of the day: "Always do more than is required of you." -George S. Patton

No comments: