Thursday, January 15, 2009

Warm Winter Wishes


The weatherman keeps telling us that cold weather is on the way here in North Carolina. I know it is already present in MN where a lot of my family is, so I thought I would send out some warm winter wishes to you all (the words around the penguin say, "warm winter wishes.")

It seems as though one of my favorite colors this winter -at least as far as card-making goes - is Stampin Up's Not Quite Navy. That is the color I chose for the card base of this card. I then cut some strips of paper from some beautiful snowflake pattern paper, and glued the strips onto the card base. I stamped the penguin onto white card stock, used my Copic markers to add some color, and cut it out using my Creative Memories circle cutter. I punched out a green polka dot scallop circle, which was actually the pattern on the back of the snowflake paper, with my Marvy scallop circle punch. I attached the penguin to the scallop circle, and attached the scallop circle onto the card using dimensionals. Lastly, I added some Diamond Stickles for a little bling.

Ingredients:
Paper: SU Not Quite Navy; Papertrey white
DP: Imaginisce Snowy Jo
Ink: Palette Black; Copic markers
Stamps: Hero Arts Sparkle Clear Warm Wishes
Misc.: Marvy Scallop circle punch; CM circle cutter


Quote of the day: "Positive anything is better than negative nothing." -Elbert Hubbard

No comments: