Sunday, October 5, 2008

Thoughts of butterflies

Where did the weekend go? I feel like I spent it on the go. It was World Card-Making day yesterday, and I didn't even get a chance to make a card. I made the above card awhile ago. Instead of making cards yesterday, I spent the day hostessing Anna's birthday party, and doing some school shopping. Today was spent at church, Sunday school, brunch and another child's birthday party. What happened to my day of rest? At least when Claire was at the birthday party, I spent an hour and a half at a Starbuck's sipping and reading the book "Twilight." That book is so good. I am not into vampire books at all, but this book is different. It is more a love story than anything else. It is written in such a way that you feel to some extent what the characters are feeling. It is ggggoooooooooooodddddddd! I highly recommend it to anyone!

It is very pretty day here, and it is time for the Monarch butterflies to migrate to Mexico, so I thought this card would be a good one to show ya'll!

I stamped the butterflies and the sentiment onto SU white paper. I colored in the butterflies using SU markers. I punched the sentiment out using the Marvy scallop oval punch. I used the CM cutting system to cut out the oval. I inked the edges of the oval with rose red ink. I also inked the edges of the green DP with old olive ink. I put it all on a card made with apricot appeal paper. I think it turned out quite cute!

Tonight is date night! My husband and I have a sitter come every Sunday night, so we can have some time to ourselves. Most of the time we go to dinner, but since we had brunch out today, we are heading to a movie - the Nick and Nora movie. I will let you all know how it was!

Ingredients:
Paper: SU white; SU apricot appeal
DP: SU Bali breeze
Ink: SU black; SU rose red; SU old olive; SU markers
Stamps: SU Time well spent; Endless creations inc. (sentiment)


Quote of the day: "There is no such thing in anyones's life as an unimportant day." -Alexander Woollcott

1 comment:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card and design Sally! LOVE the scalloped oval and beautiful sentiment.

Stamping hugs, Jennifer :)